Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Zao Vietnamese Bistro @ Serendra



I haven’t been to Serendra with my baby Zoie, so I was really excited when Mae Mendoza invited me for lunch at Serendra. We’re planning to eat pasta at Mary Grace Café, but since the place was full, Mae suggested we try Zao Vietnamese Bistro, which was on the other side of Mary Grace.
This is my third time to try a Vietnamese Resto, the first was Pho Bac Vietnamese Specialties in Glorietta and then Pho Hoa Vietnamese Noodle House in Alabang Town Center. Upon entering Zao, I immediately noticed its bright and classy ambience, each table has a bottle of wine and all the interiors are done in shades of brown and red. The place is peaceful and it plays Bossa music. The wait staffs were all attentive and accommodating. They gave us high chairs for our babies and this one waiter even laid out the napkin on my lap! Maybe he thought that I cannot put it myself because I was holding my baby. Anyway, Mae ordered for us since she’s more experienced when it comes to Vietnamese cuisine. 

Here's what we ordered...
Crispy Spring Rolls with Nuoc Mam Sauce (Php195)
6 pieces of lightly deep-fried golden spring rolls with lettuce served on the side to wrap it with. The inside consists of pork, glass noodles, and mushroom.


Nuoc Mam is a staple sauce in Vietnamese cuisine. It is made with white sugar, lime or lemon juice, rice vinegar, fish sauce (patis), water, and garlic. It’s called nuoc cham when you add some sliced red chili (siling labuyo).

Seafood Rice (Php235)
Rice topped with Squid, Shrimps, Fishballs and Vegetables cooked in a claypot

Tenderloin Pho (Php195)
Rice noodle soup with tenderloin and quail egg. Pho, otherwise known as Vietnamese noodle soup, is not only healthy, but the blend of herbs makes it tasty and refreshing. The tenderloin sliced thinly, will melt in your mouth. And the beef broth is super tasty even without putting the condiments on it.

The noodles and tenderloin nowhere to be found...hehe ate it already :)
I wasn't able to put condiments on my Pho since my baby cannot eat spicy soup.
We ordered Jasmine Bottomless Tea for our drinks.



Zao Vietnamese Bistro 
Unit 1C16 Serendra 
Bonifacio Global City 
Taguig City, Philippines 
+632.856.2819


No comments:

Post a Comment