Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Birthday at Kanin Club, Westgate Alabang





I'd been wanting to try Kanin Club for the longest time now. And since I had my checkup at Asian Hospital that afternoon and it's also my birthday, I told my hubby to meet me at ATC and we’ll have dinner at Kanin Club Westgate, Alabang. I already know what to order since I’ve read a lot of good reviews about their food. Now, I wanted to try it and see for myself the truth behind those raves. While waiting for the food, I took a picture of my baby Zoie and my Hubby Jojo.


 




Here’s what we ordered.

Crispy Dinuguan (Php 216)
Crispy pork innards set in a semi-dry stew of pork blood and Philippine lemon. I just love how the meat  were so crunchy and still had the taste of the original dinuguan.

Binukadkad na Tilapia (Php 204)
Deep fried to crispness tilapia. You can even eat the bones. Yummy!

Seafood Kare-kare (Php 247)
Prawns, Mussels, Squid, vegetables, cooked slowly in rich peanut sauce served with bagoong. Our national dish with a twist. 

Crispy Liempo (Php 118)
Light and crunchy pork belly strips ready for dipping in three kinds of sauces. It tastes like chicharon.



Turon KC ala mode (Php 102)
A Kanin Club original. It consists of bananas, ube jam, macapuno and red monggo beans, wrapped and deep fried in a rice paper roll and topped with a scoop of ice cream. It’s like special halo halo in a crunchy roll! Here's a cross section of the Turon KC.

I wanted to try their famous Sinigang Sinangag, but my hubby suggested that we get plain rice for us to appreciate better the flavors of the foods we ordered. Their plain rice is steamed fragrant Mindoro white rice and it costs Php 21. 
Our friend tried the All you kanin, that’s eat all you can plain rice for Php 50. Sharing is not allowed. 
I promised myself that I’ll go back to Kanin Club and try that Sinigang Sinangag, Crispy Pork Binagoongan and Maruya with ice cream!

Kanin Club Westgate Alabang
Weekdays 11-2:30pm,  5:30-10:30pm
Weekends & Holidays 11am -10:30pm
771-1400


No comments:

Post a Comment